Sunday 23 January 2011

LA DISTRIBUTION

eep! Thursday sell day!
Well, in actual fact there was little for me to sort out other than putting up all the advertising for the sale of our products and placing my products out nicely and neatly:
On the left you can see a demonstration version of the product so people could see inside the booklet so they could get a feel for it.
The booklets were priced at £1 without a badge and £1.50 with.
In all, 8 were sold, with the badge-ful ones being sold out, which I think is a decent amount!
Even though I made about a tenner, considering I only spent 10p on the Gaga badge printing and nothing else, a tenner is a healthy profit for what I was selling! And overall, we sold about £90 worth of stuff as a graphics group. Go us!! Supertastic!

Now with the remaining 8 or so (with a couple left over for giving to some of my friends who are Lady Gaga fans) I went to the Friday gig with the intention of selling them. This intention quickly became giving them out for free as I felt a little bad doing a hard sell in the hour-long queue of vexed fans waiting to get into the arena.
Then as I got completely engrossed with the show itself, I couldn't give Gaga a copy of the booklet personally despite being very close to the stage or give out copies personally to fans, so I threw them into the air on the last chorus of the finale number (skip to 1:15 on this video and watch the booklets fly. That's where I'm standing.) as I promised myself that I had to get rid of the the rest of the booklets at the gig.
After the gig and when people had left the exits, I could see that there were none of my booklets on the floor, so obviously people had taken them and must've liked them.
In fact I remember a 14-ish year old girl picking up quite a few and showing them to someone who looked like her dad.
I wanted to say that I was the one who made them, but I knew I had to keep it secret in order to create a mystery about them.

But a secret it is no more! I made them!

No comments:

Post a Comment